Software Developer (Rails)
You’re a highly motivated, experienced engineer who likes solving problems with code. At Tablo, we’re helping authors publish better books and connect with more readers through beautiful social publishing applications.
If you’d like to use your talent to solve the publishing industry's biggest problems, if you’d like your work to be used by a passionate user base spanning 130 countries, and if you’d like to become an early member of one of Australia’s most exciting investor-backed startups, this role is for you.
At Tablo, you will:
– Build tools, apps and products to help authors share and distribute their work
– Ship products, talk to users, learn quickly and scale
– Explore new ideas, coding languages and architectures (no sacred cows here)
– Influence the product and business directions of the company
– Work alongside talented investors in Australia and the USA
– Play table tennis, drink beer
We’re a young startup that’s impacting the way people share stories, knowledge and ideas. Our perfect software engineer builds fast, loves to learn and has an eye for magical little details. Experience with Unicorns and Chef is encouraged. There will be opportunities to work in Silicon Valley and New York, and to share in the success of the company.
This role is for Melbourne, Australia, but don't let that stop you. Tablo is a remote team so we welcome applicants from other regions. To apply, email
and tell us why you’re perfect for the role. Share what you’ve built in the past, code you’re proud of, links to your blog, Github, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow or Hacker News profile, and anything else you think we’d like to see.
Publishing Intern (Part Time)
We're looking for a publishing intern to work with our global community of authors. You'll be uncovering the best books on Tablo and helping our authors be discovered. You'll be working on writing and publishing campaigns to engage our writers and attract new talent.
Tablo is an online startup that's funded by some of the best investors in Silicon Valley and Australia. Authors in over 130 countries are writing books with Tablo and we're on a path to democratise the entire publishing model. As a Tablo intern you'll be using your communication and publishing skills to uncover and nurture great talent.
At Tablo, you will:
- Uncover the best emerging books from authors around the world
- Promote upcoming talent to a passionate community of readers
- Build campaigns to engage authors
- Manage social media channels
- Play ping pong and post GIFs in the company chatroom
Our perfect applicant has:
- A passion for reading and writing
- Previous experience in publishing or communications through work or through their university course
To apply, reach out to us at
and tell us why you're the perfect person for the role.